بعض الإفتتاحيات المحفوظة في المقالة
General Writing Task 2
1. It may indeed be true to say that .….(statement from the question); what, however, are the factors involved?
2. It may indeed be the case that……(statement from the question); this subject, however, requires further analysis.
3. …Noun…. has/have been….verb+ing for many years now. Has this had generally beneficial effects, or have they been largely negative?
e.g. Governments have been sending criminals to prison etc……
4. You can also use a passive structure:
Noun has/have been + past participle for many years now. Has this had generally beneficial effects, or have they been largely negative?
e.g. Criminals have been sent to prison etc….
5. At first sight, noun/verb+ing appear/appears to be entirely positive/beneficial. However, further analysis reveals draw backs to this way of thinking.
6. When all is said and done, there are no clear solutions to this problem and it is for governments/ individuals/ the public/ students/etc to weigh up both sides of the case and come to their own conclusions.
7. Noun/verb+ing is one of the most controversial issues of our times. What are the arguments that need to be considered?
8. Noun/Verb+ing, as is the case with many issues, has both negative and positive aspects.
9. On balance, it is my own personal view that the advantages of noun/verb+ing far/heavily/slightly outweigh the disadvantages.
10. Over recent years, attitudes to noun/verb+ing have changed considerably. What are the reasons for this change, and what are the implications for the future?
11. Noun/verb+ing has/have been an important part of many cultures/ Western cultures/ developing countries/ school-life/ working life/etc. for many years now. What are the reasons for this, and what changes are likely or possible in the future?